The Emsella Chair is a non-surgical, non-invasive treatment that is designed to treat incontinence
- No down time
- Remain fully clothed
- Non-invasive & non-surgical
- The equivalent of 11,200 pelvic floor exercises in one session
Pelvic floor health is important for both men and women. One in five people in Australia experience incontinence in some form. Many people simply put up with it. The Emsella Chair is a revolutionary non-surgical approach to treating incontinence.
So who does it suit?
Many women experience pelvic floor issues during and after pregnancy. The issues can be more frequent and prominent in women that have given birth vaginally. Additionally, the onset of menopause may exacerbate any existing issues.
The most common pelvic floor issues for women are:
- Urinary Incontinence – An involuntary urinary leak when you sneeze, cough, laugh or exercise.
- Urge Incontinence – Is caused by an overactive bladder and frequent urges to go to the toilet where you may not be able to make it in time. This might include getting up multiple times in the night to have to go to the toilet or not being able to make a short car trip without busting to go to the toilet at the other end.
- Vaginal Laxity - a sense of ‘openness’ or laxity in the vagina can also be an issue. This can lead to a decreased sensation during sex. This can be particularly problematic following a vaginal delivery. The stretching and increased laxity of the tissues can cause the bladder to sag over the anterior wall of the vagina, which can interfere with the proper function of the bladder when it is full.
Yes, men do have a pelvic floor and it does weaken with age! Incontinence can be a real issue for men of all ages and can have a devastating effect on their daily lives. The Emsella Chair can help men to strengthen their pelvic floor muscles and help them reclaim a more comfortable and satisfying quality of life by improving incontinence. The non-surgical, non-invasive treatment is a great alternative to surgery.
About The Emsella Chair
The Emsella Chair uses advanced electromagnetic energy to engage all the muscles of the pelvis and produce thousands of contractions simultaneously. The action is similar to pelvic floor exercises, however, with far more intensity.
- Sit in the Emsella Chair fully clothed for each treatment session
- 6 treatment sessions of 30 minutes, over a 3 week period
- No downtime, you can go back to your normal daily life following each treatment session
Its aim is to restore neuromuscular strength and control in the pelvic region, particularly pelvic floor muscles and the bladder. The sessions improve the pelvic floor muscles dramatically decreasing urinary and urge incontinence. It also has the added benefit of improved sexual function due to the tightening of the vaginal walls and improving the laxity that women can have post-birth.
The results are both instantaneous and ongoing. With as few as six treatment cycles in three weeks, patients strongly agree their incidence of stress urinary incontinence was improved by 95%.